Over 3 months John recorded over 75 hours of interviews and spoke to some of the most respected people in the industry to produce an audio documentary that attempts to answer the question “What is safety? And why is it important anyway?”
This highly interactive talk will present the findings and guide and challenge you through a journey to understanding safety. Including short interactive sessions and role play exercises to cover the following topics:
– What is safety?
– What are the elements that make a team effective?
– Is psychological safety the foundation to team performance?
– What can we all do to help foster psychological safety in our teams?
– What is the relationship between safety, stress and engagement?
– What is the profound impact of a lack of safety and engagement on society?
This talk has grown as John created the new podcast The Agile Path. The first season on this podcast is about safety in teams. John has interviewed world renowned specialists in the field; Christopher Avery, David Marquet, Jerry Weinberg, Esther Derby, Johanna Rothman, Diana Larsen and many more in over 75 hours of audio. This has been a fascinating deep dive learning experience for John and he hopes to explore these insights with the audience.
Tags: safety, collaboration, effective teams